Friday, December 25, 2009

MySpace Reveals Reality?

I took a one week class and met a guy friend, we have mutual interests and similar values. We talk on the phone almost every night -- I thought I was getting to know him pretty well.



I don't have a MySpace page, but when I was checking out a few of my pals I noticed that he DOES have a MySpace page - but it is "private". So I did a little clicking and found his friends. WOW! His friends, his comments, etc. seem to reveal a completely different side of him -- someone that doesn't have the values that I do (i.e. his pals seem wild, they drink, etc). When we talk he never mentions any bars, parties, etc - we talk about church and work. I feel quite betrayed - like my friend is a fraud. However, he never directly lied about anything....



Should I confront him about my discovery? How do I do this without admitting that I looked him up on MySpace?



MySpace Reveals Reality?

I really don't know how to put this but if you are just friends with the guy. What real business is it of yours if he cuts loose a few times? I mean you should be lucky that he can confide some of his inner interests and values in you, someone he can trust. But I'm sure he just puts up a front with other people and his guy friends so that he doesn't have to always show his real feelings. Or be thought of as a loser by others.



MySpace Reveals Reality?

Are you serious? your really going to judge someone b/c there friends drink and are wild?



Come on.. geesh.. unless your like bible-preaching, sex before marriage means your going to hell, church 5 times a week hardcore christian who cant accept a "normal" guy... id suggest you give him a break.



Hes a guy.. of courses hes going to wait to go out and stuff every once in awhile.. plus hes probalby just trying to be cool for his friends.



MySpace Reveals Reality?

You did a little clicking? Sounds like you're a snoop. I wouldn't be so worried about what he does, he's going to drop you like a bad habit once he realizes you don't trust him and you're nosy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
apply for a loan