Monday, November 30, 2009

In the early stages of getting to know a guy you're attracted to...?

What was your experience like the first time you started going out with a guy you really liked? When you guys were first dating, was it awkward? How did you guys break the ice? Did you guys talk a lot? phone calls?...or did you start with texting/IM/email/myspace and eased your way up? How about if you guys were shy..how did you guys overcome that? What do you like most about the beginning stages of your relationship?



In the early stages of getting to know a guy you're attracted to...?

When I started dating my boyfriend, I wasnt looking for love. So I let him come to me. He would text me while I was at work and he would always reach out for me. Very rarely would I contact him first - I liked being pursued, instead of chasing after another guy.



Because of how similar we were, I feel that our awkward stage was really brief. We clicked really quickly, and if we hadnt become a couple, I know he and i would've become and stayed great friends because there was a common ground between us.



We broke the ice because we were very much on the same page, as people. Same beliefs. Both fairly outgoing. When my relationship started, there was an evil X who was getting in my way. I think the best thing I did for my relationship and myself was be honest and upfront with my (now) boyfriend about my stance as a person and how I wasnt gonna be second or lied to. I was honest, straightforward, and blunt. And I think the reason he decided to take a chance on me, and totally ditch the x was because of my manner. I let him know who I was, what I stood for, and asserted my position and beliefs.



Just be yourself and be HONEST.



In the early stages of getting to know a guy you're attracted to...?

he was SO handsome...the most handomest guy i had ever layed eyes on. we hung out all night and talked and he kissed me. we hung out days after....and myspaced...texted..it all just meshed in with each other..and boom its almost our one year!



In the early stages of getting to know a guy you're attracted to...?

I used to be a big phone person, but now I talk more on IM and Myspace and online sort of things. I regret it, because I like being able to hear the person's voice and see how they actually respond. But people aren't into phones anymore, and you aren't charged every IM!



As for shy people, the thing with me is I LOVE shy guys, but I've never gone out with one. I much enjoy watching them, and daydreaming about their wonderfulness, and befriending them, and then distancing myself from them and falling for another one cause I myself am too shy to do anything!



It's a rather hopeless proccess, but I love it!



I usually just talk about whatever is on my mind. Books, music, deep thoughts, my writing. When I fall for a guy it's more in my head. I imagine the vast majority of it. And we talk about trivial but meaningful things. It's all a long dream for me, pounding heart, scenarios like from books and movies, smiles, laughter, similarities and things we have in common. And then I wake up.



In the early stages of getting to know a guy you're attracted to...?

I don't know, I'm about to find out :)



In the early stages of getting to know a guy you're attracted to...?

It was nervous. I thought maybe i had made a mistake in choosing to hang out wid him. lol. We used to jus smile at each other in class. My frds introduced me to him. We din't talk a lot then. There were no phone calls. We started with emails. Thats how we eased our way up. I was shy. I forced myself to overcome that. He understood it whenever i was freaked off and gave me enough space. He dint force me into anything and was always honest no matter wat happened. I love him.



In the early stages of getting to know a guy you're attracted to...?

to break the ice i talked alot on the phone/IM and text sometimes...if u r shy to go out alone then u can go out few times in group dates to get to know each other....as u get closer shyness starts to go away...



In the early stages of getting to know a guy you're attracted to...?

well i love his smile and he always makes me laugh. and we always talk on the phone.



In the early stages of getting to know a guy you're attracted to...?

Well in the early stages of my relationship it was that ackward or weird. The guy I was going out with was orginally my friend and were next door neigbhors so whenever we wanted to talk we'd like go outside. We werent shy because we already new eachother. For fun we would just hang around.



I liked that it wasnt weird.



Why are you asking such a question??



In the early stages of getting to know a guy you're attracted to...?

It kind of usually starts out awkward, but don't worry that's completely normal! With my boyfriend (who is now my ex, but we're thinking about getting back together) We broke the ice by talking on the phone. Texting is always a good way to start off though, but i didn't have text when we were dating so... :(



- Autumn



In the early stages of getting to know a guy you're attracted to...?

!st experiencenervous and excited all in one. Not really awkward once it was clear the mutual desire to date was there. Just guarded tomake sure you don't show them you like them too much -makes you vulnerable.



Did you guys talk a lot phone calls oh gosh yes hours nightly. Or did you start with texting/IM/email/myspace and eased your way up? LOL they acutally did not exisit when I started dating people did not have cell phones and computers at home. That counts as communication too though in my book



What is the best about the beginning stages. The excitement, how the htought of them and seeing/talking to them makes you happy all day. A Friday night date haelps you get thorugh the rest of the week-something to look forward to. All good feelings and talking of them brings it all back.



Good luck the start is a wonderful thing



In the early stages of getting to know a guy you're attracted to...?

Hi :-D



The best piece of advice I want to give you on this subject is that in my opinion I believe all relationships should be based on friendship. From what I've observed, a whole lot of people make the mistake of going out with somebody just for the sake of it so they can say they have a boy/girlfriend, or purely because they think they're attractive - without actually really knowing the person.



I reckon before you even form a relationship or go out on "dates," why not just hang out and get to know each other as friends, no strings attached? Give it a few weeks or months and if there is something that clicks and you feel as though you have what it takes for love, then go the next step and become a couple. That way when you do eventually go on an "official" date there won't be as much weirdness, and you'll know each other enough by then to not worry about what to talk about / how to present yourself etc.



I do find that IM is the best way to get to know somebody, because it gives you that barrier where you aren't put directly on the spot, and you can think about what to say. I've formed many friendships purely through chatting on MSN, some people of whom I have become very close to without even meeting. But I really don't think the closeness with my MSN buddies would have been anywhere near as amazing if we had decided to date or form a relationship before getting to know each other.



Hope that helps, and good luck with your dating :)



Dan



In the early stages of getting to know a guy you're attracted to...?

I have to say that I am a very shy person.. However, my relationship is quite clique, as my boyfriend asked me out after four hours of meeting me, it was very much like 'love at first sight'. We started dating as if we had known each other all our lives; texting, calling, hanging out and even going out to the pub together. And here we are over a year and a half later, we're still going strong.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
apply for a loan